Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Motivation?

This morning was a nice day to be out for an early morning run. Only -22C with NO windchill. Today my mukluks were still damp from yesterday so it was out in the water shoes again with two pairs of socks. I was surprised how warm that was, as I couldn't find my favorite thermal socks. I found some amusing motivation this morning....... there was several factors at 5:30am:
  1. G has received a ribbon for third place in her category for the frost bite run! Congratulations!! (I guess I had better get my but in gear!)
  2. I realized last night that there are only two weeks left until the Hypothermic half! (I guess I had better get my but in gear!)
  3. Upon waking up earlier than one should I could not return to sleep, even though I tried desperately to ignore the running gear calling out to me. It has been too long and life has been terribly busy, but for some insane reason I woke up early.... (I guess I had better get my but in gear!)
  4. I guess I have to note that there was NO windchill this morning. (I guess I had better get my but in gear!)

So I got my but out there.

Now it's time to get in some serious mileage. I'm not sure what that would be but there are only so many hours in a day and I've been unable to add the miles I would like, so here it goes......

  1. Back to the training plan. (must find that plan)
  2. Back to trying to get to bed early enough to get up early in the morning.
  3. Back to eating well enough that I can run whenever the opportunity presents itself.

Can't wait to see you out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment