Thursday, September 30, 2010

Bag Lady

http://www.ecologyrunner.com/

It seems to happen that  when  researching something I come across a  different subject which results in  an entirely different train of thought.  I set out to research the shoes in the  above blog ( looking to replace the swim shoes that have stretched out and flew off my foot yesterday in mid stride). The picture of the Eco-Runner  carrying a garbage bag was quite a sight.   I pick up garbage during a  run  sometimes but this guy really goes out of his way and collects an average of 5 bags per run (1200 bags of trash per year)!   Inspired, I stuffed a grocery bag in a pocket and set off to meet Nicole for a run.  This is how much garbage I collected after only 14 minutes of running.  Crazy!




3 comments:

  1. Just remember this practice would not be good during a race, it could impede the finishing time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop me if you see me picking up discarded cups and the water station!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an extremely long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up.
    Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over again. Anyway, just
    wanted to say excellent blog!

    Feel free to visit my blog post; Tablet PC Vergleich

    ReplyDelete