Sunday, October 31, 2010

Post Vulture Bait and Groin Pulls

Well, I thought it was appropriate to be writing this on Halloween (October 31st for all you non ghost and goblin type people), as it has been 2 weeks since my ultra marathon experience and the ghastly pulled groin. I have not ran at all since that race, partially because of finding the time, but the biggest reason, dare I say it, I am scared that I will go for a run and find that my groin will say "I don't think so!!!". I have some friends who have pulled the dreaded groin, and have spend months trying to get back to where they were (some succeeded some didn't), and honestly that concerns me, I like running and have lots of goals to hit over the next few years, so I want to make sure I am ready and not go back to soon.

Now, I have never had this type of injury before, so I really do not know what to expect, I am sure it is fine, but those lingering thoughts in the back of my head persist, and will probably remain until I go out and give it a try. So I am going to make an effort, come hell or high water (hopefully not high water, I can't swim) to go out and put a small run in this afternoon, before taking the skeleton and the tiger out for trick or treating tonight.

B

No comments:

Post a Comment