Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Barefoot Winter Running, Yes Through The Snow


Now I have to start with this, I never realized how difficult is to actually videotape yourself run until I actually tried it today. Throw in running in well below zero temps and on slippery snow with a Iphone, and well you know.........

Anyway for those of you that were wondering if I was serious about me running barefoot this time of year, here is a video that I took today and a few pics for your viewing enjoyment.



and here is a few pictures as well........

Me before I started my run with my awesome mukluks on.......


......And the mukluks come off.........

Yes, that is snow and no it is not cold.......


My right foot after my 4 km barefoot jaunt.......

........ and the left.
And a footnote (ha, foot get it), the peeling that you see on the bottom of my feet is from minimial barefoot mileage, with all the snow depth, and lack luster spreading of salt, chemicals and sand to the running trails. The peeling has happened to my feet for the last three years and is perfectly normal, my soles are just as durable as before in all the areas that are experienced SPS (skin peel syndrome).

No comments:

Post a Comment